“No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”
Last month I managed to get off track with several of my resolutions… and was feeling fairly disappointed with myself. The good news, however, is that seeing my setbacks in writing scared me straight… and this month I did much better at sticking with them. You can’t change the past, but you can always work towards a better future. 🙂
Goal 1: Be a Better Dresser (specifically: start wearing my hair curly, and get some new shoes for spring)
- I did it! This month I kept on dressing well, started to wear my hair curly again, and got 2 new pairs of sandals.
- Next month: Buy an outfit I can wear when I go to church and when I start working this summer. I can’t wear mini-skirts everywhere… unfortunately.
Goal 2: Go outside more (specifically: visit a state park and use my bike)
- I did it! I managed to get outside, use my bike, and visit the local park this month. Believe it or not, parts of College Park are actually really pretty…
Next month: Visit a state park and use my bike… TWICE
Goal 3: Stop drinking so much (specifically: stick to the 3×3 rule)
- This month I did a lot better at sticking to the 3×3 rule. A couple of nights I had more than 3 drinks, but those were on Spring Break, and I didn’t drink more than 3 nights in a week for any given week!
- Next month: Keep up the improvements and keep sticking to the 3×3 rule.
Goal 4: Stop spending all my weekends in a bar
- I would be lying if I said I didn’t spend the majority of my weekends at the bar this month. However, I did mix it up a little bit. I went to my friend’s Saint Patrick’s Day bonfire, flew to Alabama and consequently spent a lot of time driving through the countryside, did a lot of people watching at the airport, and went to an awesome dinner for my friend Monique’s birthday.
- Next month: Keep trying to find creative alternatives to weekends at the bar… and do a fun activity with my family for Easter, maybe paint some Easter eggs?
Goal 5: Grow my faith (specifically: go to church at least twice and read 6 books of the Bible)
- Once again I managed to get to church on Sunday morning twice this month and read 6 more books from the Bible. This month’s reading included: Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy & 2 Timothy.
- Next month: Go to church at least twice, read 6 more books of the Bible, and become more active in my church community.