Yesterday when I went home to visit the family we tried out a new Sunday afternoon cocktail: Pisco Sours. They are a Peruvian drink made from Pisco, egg whites, lime juice, simple syrup, and bitters.
While the simple syrup in the recipe definitely wasn’t Primal, the process did leave us with several delicious cocktails… and a few extra egg yolks. My mom ended up using the yolks in a homemade hollandaise sauce, but believe it or not: egg yolks are good for a lot more than just creamy condiments! They also happen to make great face masks.
Simply: take an egg, separate out the white, lightly beat the yolk with a fork, and use your fingertips to apply it to your face. After you’ve applied it, keep it on for about 15 minutes and then use some warm water to wash it off. It may possibly be one of the easiest, cheapest, and most beneficial face masks that you try.
- Vitamin A: which helps reduce wrinkles and control acne
- Vitamin E: which is full of antioxidants and helps prevent skin cancer
- Vitamin D: which helps control acne
- Vitamin K: which helps reduce acne scars
- Carotenoids: which help protect the skin from ultraviolet rays
- Essential Fatty Acids: which help improve skin texture and reduce acne