“Let us strive to improve ourselves, for we cannot remain stationary; one either progresses or retrogrades.”
Mme. Du Deffand
2011 was a good year for me. Not only did I get to travel, hang out with my friends & family, and continue completing school: but I was able to become Primal and reap a ton of benefits, both physical and psychological, from doing so.
It pretty much goes without saying that I will continue to follow Primal nutrition and continue to set fitness goals for myself. But that doesn’t mean I won’t make any New Year’s Resolutions… I always love an opportunity for a little self-improvement 🙂
New Year’s Resolutions, 2012
- Be a better dresser
- Perception is everything. And whether we like it or not, how we look affects the way people perceive us. So no more slacking on my wardrobe! In 2012 I’m dressing like I’m about to go on a hot date whenever I leave my apartment.
- Go outside more
- I’m lucky enough to live in an area surrounded by opportunity. In less than 30 minutes I can get to our nation’s capital OR a state park. I need to stop spending my weekends nursing hangovers in my apartment and start exploring the great outdoors. Which leads me to my next one…
- Stop drinking so damn much!
- When my friends and I go out… we tend to rage. And while we always have a good time… I’m starting to realized that all that drinking is 1) expensive 2) horrible for me 3) causing bad hangovers that completely waste my weekends. I don’t want to give up partying, but I think I can still have a good time drinking 2-3 drinks instead of 5 or more. Which leads me to my next one…
- Stop spending all my weekends in a bar
- They’re noisy and everyone is intoxicated; which means that the time I’m spending with my friends isn’t as meaningful as it could be. Half the time people can’t hear what you’re saying, OR they can’t remember it the next day. This year I’m going to plan more social events at places that don’t always ask for cover at the door.
- Grow my faith
- I’m a very blessed girl. And that is all because of the Big Guy upstairs. This year I am going to pay Him more respect. I’m going to go to church at least twice a month and read through the entire bible by this time next year.
Don’t let yourself retrograde this year! What are your New Year’s Resolutions?